12 pictures of Perfect Lace Kitchen Curtains And A Touch Of Dutch (exceptional Kitchen Lace Curtains #1)
Lacelace (lās),USA pronunciation n., v., laced, lac•ing.
- a netlike ornamental fabric made of threads by hand or machine.
- a cord or string for holding or drawing together, as when passed through holes in opposite edges.
- ornamental cord or braid, esp. of gold or silver, used to decorate uniforms, hats, etc.
- a small amount of alcoholic liquor or other substance added to food or drink.
- to fasten, draw together, or compress by or as if by means of a lace.
- to pass (a cord, leather strip, etc.), as through holes.
- to interlace or intertwine.
- to adorn or trim with lace.
- to add a small amount of alcoholic liquor or other substance to (food or drink): He took his coffee laced with brandy.
- to lash, beat, or thrash.
- to compress the waist of (a person) by drawing tight the laces of a corset, or the like.
- to mark or streak, as with color.
- to be fastened with a lace: These shoes lace up the side.
- to attack physically or verbally (often fol. by into): The teacher laced into his students.
Kitchenkitch•en (kich′ən),USA pronunciation n.
- a room or place equipped for cooking.
- culinary department;
cuisine: This restaurant has a fine Italian kitchen.
- the staff or equipment of a kitchen.
- of, pertaining to, or designed for use in a kitchen: kitchen window; kitchen curtains.
- employed in or assigned to a kitchen: kitchen help.
- of or resembling a pidginized language, esp. one used for communication between employers and servants or other employees who do not speak the same language.
Curtainscur•tain (kûr′tn),USA pronunciation n.
- a hanging piece of fabric used to shut out the light from a window, adorn a room, increase privacy, etc.
- a movable or folding screen used for similar purposes.
- [Chiefly New Eng.]a window shade.
- a set of hanging drapery for concealing all or part of the stage or set from the view of the audience.
- the act or time of raising or opening a curtain at the start of a performance: an 8:30 curtain.
- the end of a scene or act indicated by the closing or falling of a curtain: first-act curtain.
- an effect, line, or plot solution at the conclusion of a performance: a strong curtain; weak curtain.
- music signaling the end of a radio or television performance.
- (used as a direction in a script of a play to indicate that a scene or act is concluded.)
- anything that shuts off, covers, or conceals: a curtain of artillery fire.
- a relatively flat or featureless extent of wall between two pavilions or the like.
- [Fort.]the part of a wall or rampart connecting two bastions, towers, or the like.
- curtains, the end;
death, esp. by violence: It looked like curtains for another mobster.
- draw the curtain on or over:
- to bring to a close: to draw the curtain on a long career of public service.
- to keep secret.
- lift the curtain on:
- to commence;
- to make known or public;
disclose: to lift the curtain on a new scientific discovery.
- to provide, shut off, conceal, or adorn with, or as if with, a curtain.
Andand (and; unstressed ənd, ən, or, esp. after a homorganic consonant, n),USA pronunciation conj.
- (used to connect grammatically coordinate words, phrases, or clauses) along or together with;
as well as;
in addition to;
moreover: pens and pencils.
- added to;
plus: 2 and 2 are 4.
- then: He read for an hour and went to bed.
- also, at the same time: to sleep and dream.
- then again;
repeatedly: He coughed and coughed.
- (used to imply different qualities in things having the same name): There are bargains and bargains, so watch out.
- (used to introduce a sentence, implying continuation) also;
then: And then it happened.
- [Informal.]to (used between two finite verbs): Try and do it. Call and see if she's home yet.
- (used to introduce a consequence or conditional result): He felt sick and decided to lie down for a while. Say one more word about it and I'll scream.
on the contrary: He tried to run five miles and couldn't. They said they were about to leave and then stayed for two more hours.
- (used to connect alternatives): He felt that he was being forced to choose between his career and his family.
- (used to introduce a comment on the preceding clause): They don't like each other--and with good reason.
- [Archaic.]if: and you please.Cf. an2.
- and so forth, and the like;
et cetera: We discussed traveling, sightseeing, and so forth.
- and so on, and more things or others of a similar kind;
and the like: It was a summer filled with parties, picnics, and so on.
- an added condition, stipulation, detail, or particular: He accepted the job, no ands or buts about it.
- conjunction (def. 5b).
Touchtouch (tuch),USA pronunciation v.t.
- to put the hand, finger, etc., on or into contact with (something) to feel it: He touched the iron cautiously.
- to come into contact with and perceive (something), as the hand or the like does.
- to bring (the hand, finger, etc., or something held) into contact with something: She touched a match to the papers.
- to give a slight tap or pat to with the hand, finger, etc.;
strike or hit gently or lightly.
- to come into or be in contact with.
- [Geom.](of a line or surface) to be tangent to.
- to be adjacent to or border on.
- to come up to;
- to attain equality with;
compare with (usually used with a negative): a style that cannot touch that of Shakespeare.
- to mark by strokes of the brush, pencil, or the like.
- to mark or relieve slightly, as with color: a gray dress touched with blue.
- to stop at (a place), as a ship: The ship touched shore several times during the cruise.
- to treat or affect in some way by contact.
- to affect as if by contact;
- to affect with some feeling or emotion, esp. tenderness, pity, gratitude, etc.: Their sufferings touched his heart.
- to handle, use, or have to do with in any way (usually used with a negative): She can't touch the money until she's 21.
- to eat or drink;
taste (usually used with a negative): He won't touch another drink.
- to lay hands on, often in a violent manner: Don't you touch this child!
- to deal with or treat in speech or writing.
- to refer or allude to.
- to pertain or relate to: a critic in all matters touching the kitchen.
- to be a matter of importance to;
make a difference to;
affect: This grave decision touches all of us.
- [Metall.]to stamp (metal) as being of standard purity.
- [Slang.]to apply to for money, or succeed in getting money from: He touched me for five dollars.
- [Slang.]to steal from.
- to strike the strings, keys, etc., of (a musical instrument) so as to cause it to sound.
- to play or perform (an air, notes, etc.) on a musical instrument.
- to place the hand, finger, etc., on or in contact with something.
- to come into or be in contact.
- to make a stop or a short call at a place, as a ship or those on board (usually fol. by at).
- touch base with. See base1 (def. 29).
- touch down, (of an airplane) to come into contact with the ground;
- touch off:
- to represent or characterize precisely.
- to cause to ignite or explode.
- to give rise to;
initiate: This incident will touch off another crisis.
- touch on or upon:
- to mention a subject briefly or casually;
treat of in passing: In his lecture he touched on the major aspects of the controversy.
- to come close to;
- to relate or pertain to.
- touch up:
- to make minor changes or improvements in the appearance of.
- to modify or improve (a painting, photograph, etc.) by adding small strokes or making slight changes.
- to rouse by or as if by striking: This should touch up your memory.
touch ′a•ble, adj.
- the act or state of touching;
state or fact of being touched.
- that sense by which anything material is perceived by means of physical contact.
- the quality of something touched that imparts a sensation: an object with a slimy touch.
- a coming into or being in contact.
- mental or moral perception, sensitivity, or understanding: He has a marvelous touch in dealing with people.
- ability, skill, or dexterity;
knack: to lose one's touch.
- [Fencing.]the contact of the point of a foil or épée or the point or edge of the blade of a saber with a specified portion of the opponent's body, counting one point for the scorer.
- close communication, agreement, sympathy, or the like: to be out of touch with reality; Let's keep in touch.
- a slight stroke or blow.
- a slight attack, as of illness or disease: a touch of rheumatism.
- a slight added action or effort in doing or completing any piece of work: to provide the finishing touches.
- manner of execution in artistic work.
- the act or manner of touching or fingering a keyboard instrument.
- the mode of action of the keys of an instrument, as of a piano or typewriter.
- [Change Ringing.]a partial series of changes on a peal of bells.
- a stroke or dash, as with a brush, pencil, or pen.
- a detail in any artistic work.
- a slight amount of some quality, attribute, etc.: a touch of sarcasm in his voice.
- a slight quantity or degree: a touch of salt.
- a distinguishing characteristic or trait: the touch of the master.
- quality or kind in general.
- an act of testing something.
- something that serves as a test;
- the act of approaching someone for money as a gift or a loan.
- the obtaining of money in this manner.
- the money obtained.
- a person considered from the standpoint of the relative ease with which he or she will lend money: I can always hit him for ten—he's an easy touch.
- an official mark put upon precious metal after testing to indicate its purity.
- a die, stamp, or the like for impressing such a mark.
- an identifying mark impressed on pewter by its maker.
- [Soccer.]the area outside the touchlines.
- [Rugby.]either of the touchlines or the area outside of the touchlines.
- put the touch on, [Informal.]to try to borrow money from: Willie put the touch on me for another ten last night.
touch ′a•ble•ness, touch′a•bil′i•ty, n.
touch ′er, n.
touch ′less, adj.
Ofof1 (uv, ov; unstressed əv or, esp. before consonants, ə),USA pronunciation prep.
- (used to indicate distance or direction from, separation, deprivation, etc.): within a mile of the church; south of Omaha; to be robbed of one's money.
- (used to indicate derivation, origin, or source): a man of good family; the plays of Shakespeare; a piece of cake.
- (used to indicate cause, motive, occasion, or reason): to die of hunger.
- (used to indicate material, component parts, substance, or contents): a dress of silk; a book of poems; a package of cheese.
- (used to indicate apposition or identity): Is that idiot of a salesman calling again?
- (used to indicate specific identity or a particular item within a category): the city of Chicago; thoughts of love.
- (used to indicate possession, connection, or association): the king of France; the property of the church.
- (used to indicate inclusion in a number, class, or whole): one of us.
- (used to indicate the objective relation, the object of the action noted by the preceding noun or the application of a verb or adjective): the ringing of bells; He writes her of home; I'm tired of working.
- (used to indicate reference or respect): There is talk of peace.
- (used to indicate qualities or attributes): an ambassador of remarkable tact.
- (used to indicate a specified time): They arrived of an evening.
- [Chiefly Northern U.S.]before the hour of;
until: twenty minutes of five.
- on the part of: It was very mean of you to laugh at me.
- in respect to: fleet of foot.
- set aside for or devoted to: a minute of prayer.
- [Archaic.]by: consumed of worms.
DutchDutch (duch),USA pronunciation adj.
- of, pertaining to, or characteristic of the natives or inhabitants of the Netherlands or their country or language.
- pertaining to or designating the style of painting and subject matter developed in the Netherlands during the 17th century, chiefly characterized by the use of chiaroscuro, muted tones, naturalistic colors or forms, and of genre, landscape, or still-life subjects drawn from contemporary urban and rural life.
- of, pertaining to, or characteristic of the Pennsylvania Dutch.
- go Dutch, to have each person pay his or her own expenses: a dinner where everyone goes Dutch.Also, go dutch.
- the people of the Netherlands and their immediate descendants elsewhere, collectively.
- See Pennsylvania Dutch.
- Also called Netherlandic. the Germanic language of the Netherlands and northern Belgium. Abbr.: D Cf. Flemish.
- [Obs.]the German language.
- in Dutch, in trouble or disfavor (with someone): in Dutch with the teacher for disturbing the class.
Hello , this picture is about Perfect Lace Kitchen Curtains And A Touch Of Dutch (exceptional Kitchen Lace Curtains #1). It is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this image is 512 x 576. It's file size is just 32 KB. If You ought to save It to Your computer, you might Click here. You might too see more photos by clicking the picture below or see more at here: Kitchen Lace Curtains.
Perfect Lace Kitchen Curtains And A Touch Of Dutch (exceptional Kitchen Lace Curtains #1) layout has become a favorite type of a lot of people with their property. The style is stylish, simple and contemporary glance has fascinated lots of people to use with their occupancy. How to get a modern modern look wonderful? The furniture is designed for modern style design has a characteristic that was intriguing.
The look design fixtures give the feeling of straightforward and sunshine while in the room's final look. This can be received by the utilization of a straight line that was smooth to utilize white shade so impressed light and clean. Another content applied is glass product which is clear to offer the feeling of a more contemporary.
Now with modern contemporary interior design, room is manufactured vivid and open with sun light within the space. So that lighting may be reflected across the room inside your home, select white flooring material. Also employ glass rather than skylights and wall content to bring as much as feasible inhouse in light that is day.