BOOKbook (bŏŏk),USA pronunciation n.
- a written or printed work of fiction or nonfiction, usually on sheets of paper fastened or bound together within covers.
- a number of sheets of blank or ruled paper bound together for writing, recording business transactions, etc.
- a division of a literary work, esp. one of the larger divisions.
- the Book, the Bible.
- the text or libretto of an opera, operetta, or musical.
- books. See book of account.
- [Jazz.]the total repertoire of a band.
- a script or story for a play.
- a record of bets, as on a horse race.
- [Cards.]the number of basic tricks or cards that must be taken before any trick or card counts in the score.
- a set or packet of tickets, checks, stamps, matches, etc., bound together like a book.
- anything that serves for the recording of facts or events: The petrified tree was a book of Nature.
- a collection of facts and information about the usual playing habits, weaknesses, methods, etc., of an opposing team or player, esp. in baseball: The White Sox book on Mickey Mantle cautioned pitchers to keep the ball fast and high.
- the customers served by each registered representative in a brokerage house.
- a loose-leaf binder kept by a specialist to record orders to buy and sell stock at specified prices.
- a pile or package of leaves, as of tobacco.
- a thick block or crystal of mica.
- a magazine: used esp. in magazine publishing.
- See book value.
- bookmaker (def. 1).
- bring to book, to call to account;
bring to justice: Someday he will be brought to book for his misdeeds.
- by the book, according to the correct or established form;
in the usual manner: an unimaginative individual who does everything by the book.
- close the books, to balance accounts at the end of an accounting period;
- cook the books, [Informal.]See cook (def. 10).
- in one's bad books, out of favor;
disliked by someone: He's in the boss's bad books.
- in one's book, in one's personal judgment or opinion: In my book, he's not to be trusted.
- in one's good books, in favor;
liked by someone.
- like a book, completely;
thoroughly: She knew the area like a book.
- make book:
- to accept or place the bets of others, as on horse races, esp. as a business.
- to wager;
bet: You can make book on it that he won't arrive in time.
- off the books, done or performed for cash or without keeping full business records: esp. as a way to avoid paying income tax, employment benefits, etc.: Much of his work as a night watchman is done off the books.
- one for the book or books, a noteworthy incident;
something extraordinary: The daring rescue was one for the book.
- on the books, entered in a list or record: He claims to have graduated from Harvard, but his name is not on the books.
- the book:
- a set of rules, conventions, or standards: The solution was not according to the book but it served the purpose.
- the telephone book: I've looked him up, but he's not in the book.
- throw the book at:
- to sentence (an offender, lawbreaker, etc.) to the maximum penalties for all charges against that person.
- to punish or chide severely.
- without book:
- from memory.
- without authority: to punish without book.
- write the book, to be the prototype, originator, leader, etc., of: So far as investment banking is concerned, they wrote the book.
- to enter in a book or list;
- to reserve or make a reservation for (a hotel room, passage on a ship, etc.): We booked a table at our favorite restaurant.
- to register or list (a person) for a place, transportation, appointment, etc.: The travel agent booked us for next week's cruise.
- to engage for one or more performances.
- to enter an official charge against (an arrested suspect) on a police register.
- to act as a bookmaker for (a bettor, bet, or sum of money): The Philadelphia syndicate books 25 million dollars a year on horse racing.
- to register one's name.
- to engage a place, services, etc.
- to study hard, as a student before an exam: He left the party early to book.
- to leave;
depart: I'm bored with this party, let's book.
- to work as a bookmaker: He started a restaurant with money he got from booking.
- book in, to sign in, as at a job.
- book out, to sign out, as at a job.
- book up, to sell out in advance: The hotel is booked up for the Christmas holidays.
- of or pertaining to a book or books: the book department; a book salesman.
- derived or learned from or based on books: a book knowledge of sailing.
- shown by a book of account: The firm's book profit was $53,680.
Howdy there, this blog post is about BOOK NOW! ( Cabins In Beckley Wv #4). It is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this file is 952 x 508. It's file size is just 135 KB. If You ought to download This image to Your PC, you can Click here. You might too see more photos by clicking the photo below or read more at this post: Cabins In Beckley Wv.
We would like to discuss some tips about make-up vanity in your space, before speaking about BOOK NOW! ( Cabins In Beckley Wv #4). Ensure you select a dressing table with capacity that is optimum. BOOK NOW! ( Cabins In Beckley Wv #4) can be used for-you who would like to alter your's appearance make-up room.
Inside BOOK NOW! ( Cabins In Beckley Wv #4)'s impression which you have to be able to allow for most of the desires components selection, including fragrances, before 'features' resources makeup materials. In-general, additional illumination is required by desks. This can be circumvented by setting a wall light about the side mirror that was left and right or with the addition of a tiny lamp at across the reflection.
Chairs could be the suitable alternative to get a along with dressing table, in addition to practical as it could be integrated beneath the underneath the bureau, ottoman gives light's impact.