Dashdash1 (dash),USA pronunciation v.t.
- to strike or smash violently, esp. so as to break to pieces: He dashed the plate into smithereens against the wall.
- to throw or thrust violently or suddenly: to dash one stone against another.
- to splash, often violently;
bespatter (with water, mud, etc.): He recovered consciousness when they dashed water in his face.
- to apply roughly, as by splashing: to dash paint here and there on the wall.
- to mix or adulterate by adding another substance: to dash wine with water.
- to ruin or frustrate (hopes, plans, etc.): The rain dashed our hopes for a picnic.
- to depress;
dispirit: The failure dashed his spirits.
- to confound or abash: His rejection dashed and humiliated him.
- to strike with violence: The waves dashed against the cliff.
- to move with violence;
rush: The horses dashed out of the burning stable.
- dash off:
- to hurry away;
leave: I must dash off now.
- Also, dash down. to write, make, accomplish, etc., hastily: We dashed off a letter to announce the news. He dashed down a memo.
- a small quantity of anything thrown into or mixed with something else: a dash of salt.
- a hasty or sudden movement;
a rush or sudden onset: They all made a dash for the door.
- the mark or sign (—) used to note an abrupt break or pause in a sentence or hesitation in an utterance, to begin and end a parenthetic word, phrase, or clause, to indicate the omission of letters or words, to divide a line, to substitute for certain uses of the colon, and to separate any of various elements of a sentence or series of sentences, as a question from its answer.
- the throwing or splashing of liquid against something: the dash of the waves against the dock.
- the sound of such splashing: The dash of the waves on the beach could be heard from afar.
- spirited action;
vigor in action or style: The dancer performed with spirit and dash.
- [Track.]a short race: a 100-yard dash.
- dashboard (def. 1).
- a signal of longer duration than a dot, used in groups of dots, dashes, and spaces to represent letters, as in Morse code.
- a hasty stroke, esp. of a pen.
- [Archaic.]a violent and rapid blow or stroke.
- cut a dash, to make a striking impression;
be ostentatious or showy.
Lightlight1 (līt),USA pronunciation n., adj., -er, -est, v., light•ed or lit, light•ing.
- something that makes things visible or affords illumination: All colors depend on light.
- Also called luminous energy, radiant energy. electromagnetic radiation to which the organs of sight react, ranging in wavelength from about 400 to 700 nm and propagated at a speed of 186,282 mi./sec (299,972 km/sec), considered variously as a wave, corpuscular, or quantum phenomenon.
- a similar form of radiant energy that does not affect the retina, as ultraviolet or infrared rays.
- the sensation produced by stimulation of the organs of sight.
- an illuminating agent or source, as the sun, a lamp, or a beacon.
- the radiance or illumination from a particular source: the light of a candle.
- the illumination from the sun;
daylight: We awoke at the first light.
- daybreak or dawn: when light appeared in the east.
- daytime: Summer has more hours of light.
- a particular light or illumination in which an object seen takes on a certain appearance: viewing the portrait in dim light.
- a device for or means of igniting, as a spark, flame, or match: Could you give me a light?
- a traffic light: Don't cross till the light changes.
- the aspect in which a thing appears or is regarded: Try to look at the situation in a more cheerful light.
- the state of being visible, exposed to view, or revealed to public notice or knowledge;
limelight: Stardom has placed her in the light.
- a person who is an outstanding leader, celebrity, or example;
luminary: He became one of the leading lights of Restoration drama.
- the effect of light falling on an object or scene as represented in a picture.
- one of the brightest parts of a picture.
- a gleam or sparkle, as in the eyes.
- a measure or supply of light;
illumination: The wall cuts off our light.
- spiritual illumination or awareness;
- Also called day. one compartment of a window or window sash.
- a window, esp. a small one.
- mental insight;
- lights, the information, ideas, or mental capacities possessed: to act according to one's lights.
- a lighthouse.
- [Archaic.]the eyesight.
- bring to light, to discover or reveal: The excavations brought to light the remnants of an ancient civilization.
- come to light, to be discovered or revealed: Some previously undiscovered letters have lately come to light.
- hide one's light under a bushel, to conceal or suppress one's talents or successes.
- in a good (or bad ) light, under favorable (or unfavorable) circumstances: She worshiped him, but then she'd only seen him in a good light.
- in (the) light of, taking into account;
considering: It was necessary to review the decision in the light of recent developments.
- light at the end of the tunnel, a prospect of success, relief, or redemption: We haven't solved the problem yet, but we're beginning to see light at the end of the tunnel.
- see the light:
- to come into existence or being.
- to be made public.
- to begin to accept or understand a point of view one formerly opposed: Her father was opposed to her attending an out-of-town college, but he finally saw the light.
- shed or throw light on, to clarify;
clear up: His deathbed confession threw light on a mystery of long standing.
- having light or illumination;
well-lighted: the lightest room in the entire house.
- pale, whitish, or not deep or dark in color: a light blue.
- (of coffee or tea) containing enough milk or cream to produce a light color.
- to set burning, as a candle, lamp, fire, match, or cigarette;
- to turn or switch on (an electric light): One flick of the master switch lights all the lamps in the room.
- to give light to;
furnish with light or illumination: The room is lighted by two large chandeliers.
- to make (an area or object) bright with or as if with light (often fol. by up): Hundreds of candles lighted up the ballroom.
- to cause (the face, surroundings, etc.) to brighten, esp. with joy, animation, or the like (often fol. by up): A smile lit up her face. Her presence lighted up the room.
- to guide or conduct with a light: a candle to light you to bed.
- to take fire or become kindled: The damp wood refused to light.
- to ignite a cigar, cigarette, or pipe for purposes of smoking (usually fol. by up): He took out a pipe and lighted up before speaking.
- to become illuminated when switched on: This table lamp won't light.
- to become bright, as with light or color (often fol. by up): The sky lights up at sunset.
- to brighten with animation or joy, as the face or eyes (often fol. by up).
Meaningsmean•ing (mē′ning),USA pronunciation n.
- what is intended to be, or actually is, expressed or indicated;
import: the three meanings of a word.
- the end, purpose, or significance of something: What is the meaning of life? What is the meaning of this intrusion?
- the nonlinguistic cultural correlate, reference, or denotation of a linguistic form;
- linguistic content (opposed to expression).
- intentioned (usually used in combination): She's a well-meaning person.
- full of significance;
expressive: a meaning look.
Lightslights (līts),USA pronunciation n.pl.
- the lungs, esp. of sheep, pigs, etc.
Hi folks, this picture is about Marvelous Dash Light Meanings #2 Dashboard Warning Lights. This blog post is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this attachment is 848 x 441. This photo's file size is just 73 KB. Wether You decided to download It to Your computer, you can Click here. You could also download more photos by clicking the following picture or see more at this article: Dash Light Meanings.
After grabbed by busy times, consuming milk espresso with friends or family come together at home is really a great setting along with a circumstance, invest their free time. Occasions recover power to combat the worries of the job, heat and recover your time having a large amount of thoughts of togetherness.
A Marvelous Dash Light Meanings #2 Dashboard Warning Lights may replicate of decorating the household place, the personal style. In case you are a person who has a modern home style, you might favor diverse contemporary coffee-table on your home. Modern coffee table displaying personal style.
Modern coffee-table affects the decor is classy and magnificent in features of your home. It is better for you to know different designs and types of contemporary coffeetable online, if you would like to put a contemporary coffee table within the living-room.